Trip from Barcelona to France






What an exciting anniversary we had! The night before we were to leave for France I looked up the train schedule again to double check and the train we were supposed to take was no longer on the schedule! Of course I freaked out because we would have to change our route and get to the station 2 hours earlier than I had planned. The trains we had to take were local trains, so we didn't need to have a reservation...meaning we just had to show up and hope for the best! When we went to the station we first talked to two different people who did not really understand how to help us. Finally I got in another line and got a great man who spoke more English. When I asked him why the trains we wanted were no longer on the schedule he shrugged his shoulders and said, "because it is leaving today". I'm still not really sure how that makes sense, but I was so happy that we could still take the train that it didn't matter! With two hours to kill, we went to get coffee and ended up finding the best coffee and pastries we have had the entire time here. It all happened for a reason I guess!
When we finally got to Arles we hopped on a bus to our hotel and didn't realize until we were on it that we didn't know where to get off! That was a fun and stressful 10 minutes! Our hotel is great, except for the life sized pictures of naked men all over the dining room...not sure about that. We had dinner at a wonderful bistro last night. I had the most amazing mussels I have ever had. The wine was delicious and our waitress hilarious...a wonderful way to spend our anniversary. Four years yesterday...can you believe it?! Today we went to the Roman ruin amphitheater and walked along the Rhone. Jordan got me the cutest shoes ever and we enjoyed a wonderful picnic lunch in the courtyard of our hotel. Tomorrow we pick up our car and are road tripping to Nimes and the Camargue.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home